Welcome to Surrey Docks Health Centre's new website
Have you been experiencing trouble getting through on our phone system? We need your help to resolve this! Please click here for more information
Flu Clinic dates and information:
- Monday 17th of October (7.00 AM-8.00 AM)
- Tuesday 18th of October (7.20 AM - 8.00 AM)
- Thursday 20th of October (8.30 AM-9.00 AM)
- Tuesday 25th of October (7.00 AM-7.40 AM)
- Wednesday 26th of October (10.00 AM-10.40 AM)
- Thursday 27th of October (8.30 AM-9.00 AM)
- For more information regarding the Flu Vaccinations click here.
*Important information for patients*
Changes to our surgery
At Surrey Docks Health Centre we are extremely proud of the services we provide to local people and we want to ensure they are consistently delivered to the highest possible standards.
Like many practices up and down the country, we are constantly looking for ways to improve the services we offer to our patients. We also know that the needs of local people are changing and that we need to change in order to deliver high quality care in the long-term.
Recently we have been talking with our neighbouring practice on the Rotherhithe peninsula, Albion Street Group Practice, to look at different ways of working together to improve the services we offer to our patients. We are also looking at how we can remain a sustainable and thriving practice in an increasingly challenging environment.
As a result, we are considering merging our two practices. We think we could bring the practices together over the next 9 months in to a single organisation, as one partnership.
What this means for patients
By joining our practices together we believe there would be a number of benefits to registered patients, including:
- better range, quality and accessibility of our services
- shared skills and expertise of staff from both practices
- better use of our resources making sure we can continue to offer the same high quality care in the future as our local population continues to rise
- making sure patients can continue to get same day appointments for urgent health needs
- maintaining a personal service so patients who want to book ahead to see their usual doctor can continue to do so
At the moment we are working up our proposals to merge our two practices and are very keen to hear the views of our patients to shape proposals and understand any issues or concerns you may have.
We are also discussing these proposals with our patient participation group and over the coming weeks we will hold open meetings for patients (details below) and provide other opportunities to gather your feedback. Look out for details on posters in the surgery and on our websites.
- Thursday 14th July at 7pm, Community Room at Surrey Docks Health Centre
Meeting for Surrey Docks Patients. Please click here to read the minutes of meeting.
- Thursday 28th July at 7pm, Time and Talents Centre
Joint meeting for Surrey Docks and Albion Street Patients. Please click here to read the
summary of discussions.
Important information to ensure you remain registered at this practice
Have you received a letter asking you to confirm your details? If yes please read this information
Changes to the appointment system
For patients who feel they need to be seen more urgently due to illness and request an appointment on the day we operate a Doctors Telephone List. This means that the Duty Doctor for that day will phone you within 2 hours of your call to discuss your problem before allocating an appointments.
Please remember our bookable telephone appointments can be used to discuss referrals and blood tests.
For easier access to available appointments, test results and repeat prescriptions sign up to PATIENT ACCESS at reception.
We have been advised that NHS England will be extracting patient data from our clinical system to help link the hospital statistic data they already hold. This data will be collected automatically from our system on a monthly basis CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
All GP Practices are required to declare mean earnings (i.e. average pay) for GPs working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice.
The average pay for GPs working in the practice of Surrey Docks Health Centre in the last financial year was £56,937 before tax and National Insurance.
This is for 5 full time GPs and 3 part time GPs who worked in the practice for more than six months.
(Site updated 13/10/2016)