If you need any of the following treatments, these appointments should be booked with one of our practice nurses. If you are unsure whether to book in with a GP or nurse, check with the receptionist.
Please note that our Receptionists are required to state the reason when booking all nursing appointments, if a patient insists it is private matter then unfortunately they will not be able to book the appointment and it will be redirected to a GP.
- Ear Syringing
- Dressings – if you have been given a prescription for dressings, please make sure you bring them to your appointment.
- Removal of Stitches – please attend as advised by your hospital doctor for removal of stitches by the nurse. You will need to make the appointment several days before you need to be seen.
- Childhood Immunisations – please bring your child’s red book to the appointment.
- Cervical Smears – please attend approximately 10-14 days after the beginning of your last period.
- Travel and Adult Immunisations – Please book your appointment in plenty of time for your trip. Travel vaccinations are not performed on an urgent basis. There is a charge for some vaccinations. For further information please see our travel vaccination page.
- Asthma Reviews – if you are asthmatic please book in for an asthma review.
- Diabetic Reviews – these appointments are by GP referral or invitation only.
- Contraception – the nurse can offer advice on different types of contraception and can organise your prescription for the pill or do your depo injection. Condoms are freely available at the practice you do not need an appointment, just ask at reception.