Out of Hours

If you need urgent medical advice please telephone Freephone 111 or visit www.111.nhs.uk. This is a service which can provide telephone consultations, appointments and home visits when the surgery is closed.

If you have an emergency or potentially life threatening issue such as loss of consciousness, severe chest pain or loss of blood dial 999 or go to your local Accident and Emergency Service.

Walk-in Centres

Did you know that you can use NHS GP walk-in centres if something is urgent and you can’t get to us easily during our normal opening hours. They are available to anyone and most walk-in centres are open early till late 7 days a week. There are walk-in centres based locally and also in the City, West End and Victoria.

Find out more.

Nearest Walk-In Centre:

New Cross
40 Goodwood Road
New Cross,
London, SE14 6BL
Telephone: 020 7206 3100

Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.

Urgent Care Centres and Minor Injuries Units

Urgent care centres are for urgent conditions and injuries that operate on a walk in basis. If you feel there is urgent need to see a medical professional but it is not a medical emergency, these units are available.

Urgent care centres and minor injuries units can treat the following:

  • sprains and strains
  • broken bones
  • wound infections
  • minor burns and scalds
  • minor head injuries
  • insect and animal bites
  • minor eye injuries
  • injuries to the back, shoulder and chest

However, they cannot treat the following:

  • chest pain
  • breathing difficulties
  • major injuries
  • stomach pains
  • gynaecological problems
  • pregnancy problems
  • allergic reactions
  • overdoses
  • alcohol related problems
  • mental health problems
  • conditions likely to require hospital admission

Nearest Urgent Care Centre

Guy’s Hospital
Great Maze Pond
(Next to London Bridge Station)
Open 8am-8pm everyday
NHS 111

This is a telephone service which patients can ring if they require advice. This is NOT for emergencies, you should always dial 999 in these situations. NHS 111 can provide advice and assistance with sign posting to the most appropriate services in the area. They can advise you about a variety of concerns and will suggest whether the problem can wait until our surgery opens again. For more information please visit www.nhs.uk

In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.